Friday, November 27, 2009

things that make for a happy holiday

Here are some of the things that make for a good holiday weekend up herrrre in DC:
  1. Perfecting my gobble gobble gobble noise into the next octave (the ability to break glass will be a goal for next turkey day).
  2. Watching Terri throw down her knife and folk to exclaim "AND NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WERE WALLEYE FINGERS!"
  3. The asian shoe guy at Macy on Black Friday at 9 PM who asked me if he could go wash his hands while going crazy in the tornado that was the shoe department
  4. Buying new brown boots! And brown tights!
  5. Getting to catch up and visit with Yvonne
  6. Shooting oysters, eating crab cakes and adding creamy mussels to my list (I've been trying mussels and carrot cake all over the country the last 6 months). Yum, good DC seafood!
  7. Brazilian turkey day celebrations including two crazy old people named Fran and Joanna (yeah Fran is the husband)....no judgment.
  8. Learning that some people have a more "friendly" walk than others.
  9. Wondering if people think I'm a stalker because I'm friendly and welcoming in the morning :)
  10. Getting to try about 40 different kinds of booze: 15 year old whiskey, san-bouka, french spicy business, and lots more!
  11. Eating two a-mazing nights of steaks (real good beef, friends).
  12. Seeing Blind Side, and being the only person I know who hasn't cried during the movie. Good movie and not as cheesy as I thought.
  13. A wonderful dinner and drinks with Terri and Mark!
  14. My apple pie was a hit.....ohhh and the pickle/ham roll-ups. I'm continuing to spread the pickle/ham goodness across the country, Seattle check, DC check....
  15. Betty's navigation saved the day again after we looped around I-66 a couple times. You just have to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment