Friday, November 6, 2009

I rarely have a soul in my eyes

So Rihanna has been promoting her new album quite alot lately. Her promotional tour includes finally going public and talking about her previous relationship with Chris Brown. For those who have been living under a rock since last March, there was a major incident where Mr. Brown beat her up. He was arrested and convicted, and Rihanna has remained very professional about that experience.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying here....I don't have a problem with her coming forward to talk about Domestic Violence, and the seriousness of any form of violence. I actually applaud her for her countless bravery in standing up at his trail and being an advocate for women. BUT I think using it as a means of promoting your new album is different.

I'm not sure I like the idea of doing an interview about your experience with abuse and then after a commercial performing your new hit single! These two things could be considered more separate.

Rihanna has been quoted saying that Chris had "no soul in his eyes." Then she got up and said "buy my album".....(well not really but the implication was there).

No comments:

Post a Comment