Sunday, November 8, 2009

my new goals

I've got a couple new goals I'm working towards:
  1. I'm growing my hair out to donate it for a wig. Perhaps I'll donate it to Locks of Love or another organization. I figure someday I'll need to wear a wig (although I was close 2 years ago) and I might as well pay it forward now. Plus it is a good incentive to keep myself healthy. I'm working towards 10 inches straight from tip to tip!
  2. My winter project is going to include sewing some new outfits. Last winter I painted my apartment (no one tell my landlords), and this year I've decided to get creative with my fiber artist self.
  3. I vow to make a pot 'o soup every week. I love soup in the fall/winter. This is already something I do pretty regularly, but I think I'm going to aim towards some new recipes. Yesterday I made this pork sausage, white bean, and white broth creation. It isn't half bad, partly because I'm still using the green peppers from my garden this summer! (plus that red crock potter is amazing!)
  4. On the cooking note, I'm going to try to start perfecting my baking skillz, which leave much to be desired. I need to start working on my next career as a cake maker/decorator! Watch out for the cakes and bread forthcoming.
  5. Read, read, read. Someone get me addicted to a new book series, please!
  6. I'm going to start boxing more at the gym. I think this will be a good winter cardio to replace my random outdoor runs. After my first class last week with T & Katie, I've decided that every once and awhile I need to hook and jab out my frustrations (plus you know what that does for your back muscles?). Plus I love the idea of wrapping up your wrists and getting into the zone of a hard workout with music blaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment