Friday, February 18, 2011

we're getting slizzard

So I always wonder how companies or non-profits or other organizations man their social media accounts. You know, does one person have access or do a group of people? Well it turns out that the Red Cross needs to change the password on their twitter account. This week their was a rogue tweet that went out to all 200,000 of their followers:

Tweet of the Day


Wowsa. That sucks. Red Cross responded immediately and took it down, but not before some clever bloggers got screenshots. I mean, who doesn't love Dogfish beer??? But seriously, you people are handling donated blood and perhaps you shouldn't be getting crunk at the office. For crying out loud, you're already so drunk you didn't even spell slizzard correctly! I feel as if the Red Cross owes me an apology for not being able to properly spell pop culture slang. Now go get in your G6....

There is an upside to the situation and Dogfish brewery jumped on it. They began promoting the mistake on their website and with their fanclub, suggesting people should give the gift of life. Great. So instead of having two drunks working for the Red Cross, we have thousands of drunks donating their alcohol-infused blood to the Red Cross. I'd be on board, except that don't like my universe blood anymore--damn autoimmunity.

This weekend, I'm #gettingslizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment