Monday, February 21, 2011

a weekend rewind with leftovers

Had a wonderful time with a shit-ton of people visiting the big VA this weekend. We ended up throwing an impromptu BBQ which was sort of like how-many-people-can-we-fit-into-a-clown-car type of event. Here are some highlights:
  • McBetty is confused about her carbs, saying "I don't want to eat pasta, but I'm totally in the mood for noodles." Wow, maybe we should go get a burger.
  • The big B showed up for a day and ended up drinking most of the beer....he even took a growler home with him. However, he did man the grill like a pro learning to love electric charcoal starters (how can you be from MN and not know about these?)
  • Brian cannot remember his shit when he leaves my house. Things I received this time: his cell phone charger and a knife. Totally planning to floss my teeth with the pocket knife.
  • Easter came early as we decided to hide clementines throughout my place and then go on a hunt later, they were in lamps and candle holders. We got grapes too.
  • McBetty and I toured a couple wineries and left with 2+ cases of wine....I believe that is close to 25 bottles of booze after multiple tastings. No really, we aren't alcoholics, my mother had me tested when I was little.
  • I truly love my home-brewing friends, especially when they bring and leave the leftovers of homemade kegs at my home.
  • Going to chinese buffets on the weekend is like people watching at an amusement park or Nascar. There are lots of different people there, let's just leave it at that.
  • I laughed alot at the horribly labeled buffet of food, for example it would say "salmon" but it was clearly stuff mushrooms, or it was labeled "mayonnaise chicken" (mcgross) but clearly was shrimp. Definitely not the place to go to with food allergies.
  • We rented "catfish" the movie and I will never get that 2 hours of my life back. Horribly fake documentary involving all the crazies in MI. Made Salt look like an academy award winner.
  • I don't like it when people screw with my electronics....there is a reason why I don't set the clock on my mircowave and that is because it confuses me, OK? I need to unplug that thing to reset it wrong again.
  • Got to hug Mr. & Mrs. Bling Bling, but need to get up to B-more for some quality time. Soon. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment