Thursday, February 17, 2011

taking it back to the cold(er) days

Sooo last weekend I felt as if we had a throw back to the good old MN days when some friends and I went snow tubing. These are the types of winter activities we used to do in the frozen tundra, ya know, back when I was mitten in the Winter Carnival parade. This year I hear the St. Paul ice and snow sculptures were a-mazing but still dangerous to put your tongue on.

Apparently right here in the big central V-A there is a "mountain" where snow is made for skiing and some tubing hills/lanes. I was pretty impressed with the degree of safety employed here, considering I'm used to be strapped to tray and pushed sideways down an icy hill praying I don't break my butt or get whiplash. Not in Wintergreen, no sir, it is all about safety first. Although it was starting to get icy fast where I did crash once into the end barrier throwing my legs over my head!

Luckily there are two microbreweries on the way to and from this mountain, and if you know me at all, you know I don't like driving by anything booze related ending in -ery (i.e., wineries, breweries, etc.). We stopped by Backbone Brewery where I had the best BBQ sandwich ever, some good beer, and listened to some live music. I also had a bonding moment with my friend M when I stripped down naked to change my clothes amidst the moonlight in the parking lot. It was soooo romantical.

Would definitely go back to both places, and soon.

Haven't been able to download the pictures yet, but here are a couple good ones:



I was a fan of the non-spinning two-sies, especially since the first round when I couldn't get in my hole fast enough and almost flew out (don't worry I reformed my technique after that).



This is where I normally spend most of my time on the ski slopes....drinking in the clubhouse by a toasty fire! There is less of a fear of falling down an icy hill to my death and then having to ride in the body bag behind the snow mobile. True story.



Again, do I sense a beer theme here? And PS, is it just me or do my boobs look huge??? Seriously the girls look a little out of control or maybe my friends are just short, OR maybe it's a combination of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment