Wednesday, February 11, 2009

old people love me

So really old and really young people love me! For those who don't know, I started volunteering here at a local nursing home/assisted living center in Cville. And my duties include giving manicures or painting/polishing nails!!!!

Last night I showed up there were 8 people in wheelchairs lined up for my free services, and they were keeping numbers about their position in line. Some of the men were kind of kranky that I can clip their nails (well you know half these people are taking enough pills to constitute a meal and many with blood thinkers) but only file them.

Helga, my best friend, mentioned last night that this was kind of icky. I never thought about how old people nails would gross other people out. Well at least it isn't their feet!!!! No pedis for this girl. But yes I realized that these folks nails are pretty nasty.

But on a positive side I learned some of the nursing home gossip. Anne, who is seriously 100 years old, is dating an 80 year old (who I didn't meet). And I'm hoping to continue to shot the shit with some of the spit fire ladies next week!!!

Gold stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment