Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a couple sad things

Well a couple sad things happened this week in the land of LL....

I have been working on some winter cleaning the last month and have successfully made 2 runs to the Goodwill. Historically, this has been a difficult process for me and there is a good chance in the future I will be one of those people on Hoarders (but with really cool stuff instead of stacks of those styrofoam trays meat comes in). Every time I would move across the country I'd have to purge, and Helga would make me make piles in the living room of things and then she would secretly take it to the Goodwill when I wasn't looking! Ahh this still brings a tear....

BUT I digress....anyways this week I was working on my shoe corner and ended up throwing away 22 flippy flops. They are cheap, shit sandals that the Goodwill probably won't even want. I figured that I only wear flip flops 2 out of 5 days a week in the winter, so now was a good time to purge. Sad. But the good news is: new sandal shopping this spring!!! Let's get more flippy flops that piss Momma B off (when I wear them to church or graduation). Business cas?

Also, I was going through my winter closet and purged a number of mittens and hats I haven't wore in 2 years. As I pulled out my favorite winter hat, the cream one with the one big ball on the top (which I got for $2 6 years ago), I realized it had died. Yep the stitching came out and the ball was hanging by a thread. Sad. It is now in the trash. Shame.

Finally, I think I'm going to have to trim/kill one of my house plants that has turned into a gigantic out-of-control tree (which I inherited from my friend Amy). The last time I had some visitors, they were like "we can't even sit on your couch, that thing is out of control." It is so big that the base cannot hold it anymore, and it is propped up by my couch and a 8 foot tall stake. I may need to kill this thing and then pull a martha facher to bring it back. From my quick interwebs search, the plant is a "Dieffenbachia" and looks like this but 6 feet taller and out of control. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment