Monday, December 20, 2010

some st. kittian pics

OK OK I got some requests to post a couple St. Kitts pictures. We are getting to t minue 5 days left before we depart, so I started shopping today!!! Woot woot. Tomorrow I'm going to be zip lining through the volcanic rainforest like a monkey on a string. Super excited about that business. In the meantime, here are some pictorial highlights:



There all these different kinds of palm trees everywhere. This one I call the "peacock" tree and trust me we have a photo from the side too so it look like it is growing out of your bootie :)



The person's condo we are renting is a MSU bigwig, so there are Spartan things throughout the house. Case and point, the perfect Carib coosies :) We are playing cards here and living the dream.



We visited Nevis, St. Kitt's sister island, for a day trip this weekend and found this amazing tree. I made the taxi pull over so I could climb it. I wanted to take it home with me and plant one on my patio!



Here is the fam "dressed up" pic from when we celebrated the rental's 42 year of not killing each other. Now that is something to be proud of! Drinks for everyone.



During some of our tours we have gone to the "black beaches" coined for the black sand. Here is a pic from the block rock area. Soooo pretty. Reminds me of Ireland.

And finally my favorite picture of all time.....we were eating at this seaside restaurant and I immediately went for the hammock. I love me some hammocks, and the waitress said I probably couldn't get in it without falling but I quickly proved her wrong. Doesn't this just shout the Caribbean??? Palm trees, hammocks, beach, clear water, islands in the background. Heaven. Paradise.

Well it is too f-ing got today. It's in the 90's and I'm in doors sucking down water. No breeze either so makes for not as fun LL time :) Oh well. What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment