Wednesday, July 1, 2009

garden update

Alright folks, everyone can get off my balls because I have a garden update for you all. Yep I'm still an amazing Martha Facher, growing my own veggies and tree hugging the crap out of mother nature. I mentioned at the end of May that I planted a garden...well actually most of the credit goes to Brian who really dug the damn thing while I drank beer. But I've been loving it and giving it lots of TLC since then, and I'm proud to announce that I've birthed a cucumber, three red tomatos and lots of cilantro and basil. I've made a batch of homemade pesto, and some decilious basal martinis (with muddled cucumber). I got 4 peppers on the vine too. Things are going well!

Now I'm aware that I've been competing with all you master gardeners (you are probably master debaters too) in MN, MI, WA and VT, but I'm happy to report, I'm a big weiner. Yep, I win and I don't care if you get pissed that I give my plants steriods. I'll juice them right up, I don't give two shits! My tomato plants are about 5 feet high. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

And the best thing is no cats, groundhogs/beavers/gophers, skunks or pirates have tired to break though my fence. I repeat, winner winner chicken dinner.

2 comments:

  1. no deer or ducks???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! This is a deer and duck free zone. We sometimes have foxes though! OK only once I saw one.

    ReplyDelete