Monday, July 13, 2009

news of the last couple days...

  1. I have no internet stealing happening at home + no free moments at work = less blogging
  2. Tequila rose makes a wonderful nightly wind down, I'll have another for you now
  3. I read the entire second book of the Twillight series yesterday, yep that's like 500 pages....It was a good excuse to relax and avoid work
  4. I threw my friend a BBQ on Saturday and it was rockin fun, besides the fact I was sweating my balls off over the grill....but I was a frisbee champion.
  5. Friday night I drank too many basal/cucumber martinis, which lead to lots of laughter, testicle tossing, and some board games (again my idea of winning is just slowing down the other teams).
  6. I had lots to celebrate after last week: my first publication was officially out in hardcopy and printed, our first publication from my job (the psychometric properties of our measure) was accepted for publication in a tier one journal which I was a second author, and I officially hired a full-time undergraduate student and kindergarten teacher for the next 3 months who are definitely smarter than me (they should be excellent additions to our team).
  7. I did some amazing cooking this weekend, including a potatoe salad that was sooooo good it had to have some crack in it and a wicked bean citrus salad.
  8. I worked on my garden some which included laying down new soil, and staking the crap out of those now 5 foot tomato plants. They will now growing more upright and away from the peppers. I also killed 2 new bee nests....I'm like martha facher and the devil all in one.
  9. I am painting old ladies nails tomorrow, and a night of HP madness is on the schedule for Wednesday. Go HP!!!
  10. I'm considering submitting my last poster from my WSU thesis to SRA next month. We will see if that happens but I officially put me in the symposium assistant system.
  11. I got asked to do a local training in two weeks, so I can chalk up a good amount of extra money from the CLASS foundation without having to travel! That goes towards my tinted windows or my retail therapy addiction.
  12. Gail, my kind sister, bought me a new iPod/radio/alarm clock so that I can listen to NPR and other local radio stations at my apartment. It rocks! Thanks lady!!! I'm enjoying it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment