Thursday, June 25, 2009

focus groups

Well I've been running around like a chicken without her head this week, preparing for today's focus group. We have 6 local teachers coming into today to hear the content we've been writing for the last couple months. Of course, I'm now the official inCLASS spokesperson and face of the training, so there is no way I can get out of being involved in this process.

Yesterday around 5 pm I was running between our buildings, sweating my balls off, and dragging 50 pound portable projection screens. I sort of wanted to kill myself. But I got everything ready, need to pick up lunch at Panera, but we will make it (provided the teachers show up).

Other good news, which has added to my stressie week, is that we just officially heard word that we got the supplement summer grant from NIH. Of course they gave us about $60,000 less than we budgeted but money is money (especially when coming from the government). So of course, despite my many protests, I've taken over that grant and budget, and am frantically trying to hire people! Ahhhh the bureaucracy of academia.

Andddd Head Start proposals are due next week, and I have to finish writing the summary statement for the paper symposium we put together and are resubmitting for this meeting. 2 new people starting next week, and 2 full days of leading trainings for them and other new students. By 4th of July I'm really really going to be ready to rest and relax.

OK I'll stop by damn bitching....

No comments:

Post a Comment