Monday, January 5, 2009

stupid bachelor show

I have spent the last hour or so yelling at the TV! Tonight was the premiere of another one of those stupid reality shows about "love" while competing with like 40 other dumb hoes. Every time one of those girls got out of the limo and tried to put two coherent words together, I would yelled "Shut the f up!!!" These women would honesty say to the camera, "this is a competition and I'll get nasty, I know how to fight." Next I would yell "really? seriously?" Some of them had so much orange fake tan and caked on make-up, I thought they might die of poising.

One reason this year is really frosting my balls is because the Bachelor has a young son. He is a single dad and I guess this women just love that. This dude is whoring out his son to find a bride for a couple months. Out of all the seasons (isn’t there been like 12), Bachelor and Bachelorette, there has been 1 couple that is still together!!!! ONE COUPLE!!!! That is not a good track record.

Perhaps it is because I saw Milk this weekend, but I can't help but compare this to the injustices the GLBT community faces. Many crazy religious folks that sponsored anti-Prop. 8 in CA (and other relevant legislation across the country) have attempted to the make the case that homosexuals should not be able to marry because it is ruining the sanctity of marriage (this is of course ignoring the alarming number of divorces occurring everyday). It is amazing that two people who genuinely love each other and are in committed relationship, can't have the same rights as this assclown and his son. Actually we make his family into a reality show that is very very likely to end a break up. Again, I ask this isn't against a disgrace to the intuition of marriage???

This busines makes me crabby.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I couldn't agree more. I love that new word, "assclown" I'm going to use it! LOL. What is even more alarming about that ridiculous TV show is there must be a lot of people who watch it to have had 12 seasons and counting. Do we (society) have a warped sense of reality; or rather these types of shows help us forget reality all together - at least for a little while...? No offense to those who watch... =) Just not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete