Thursday, July 21, 2011

party (not sexy) time

Well put on your party dress, get your hair did, and let's take a road trip to the big MI for a damn wicked party. Yes, you heard me right...MI, mid-summer, party.

After a combined 50+ years of service to MSU, the parental units have retired. In their honor, the three little Momma B's decided to invade their retirement nest and throw a big party. We planned and saved for a year for the event, and it is our gift to them. It will be the gift that just giving and giving and giving....

For the last 6 months we have been having family meetings, building out websites, reserving blocks of rooms at hotels, sending invites and planning the logistics. The tent is ordered. The tables and chairs will be delivered. The slow cooked pig will be smelling delicious. And there will be plenty of booze. I hope to do shots of tequila with the drunk old ladies in the hammock again.

We have people flying in from across the country: Washington, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, California, and the big VA. The girls (not my boobs) have already started their annual trip back to the big MI. I leave next week and plan to bring back 30 pounds of dried cherries with me. TSA is going to love me.

This is my summer vacation and I'm looking forward to seeing all my extended family and friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment