Monday, April 27, 2009

great weekend

Well I had a great weekend back here in Cville....it's been over a month since I've been stable and in town. I got lots of errands done, phone calls returned, and did alot of relaxing. Friday night a bunch of friends met up for a great happy hour, some live music, some more beer, and some really fabulous mexician food. Best part was lots of laughter.

When I got back home on Friday there was parties everywhere around my place! See it is foxfield weekend here in Cville, which means there are east coast jholes wearing their asshats all over the place. I almost ran over 3 guys with pink polo shirts and popped collars. There were crazy girls in sun dresses and penny loafers with socks all over the place. It is like NASCAR for rich kids.

Saturday I started making my weekend soups that early morning....yummmm spicy chili. I hit up my yoga class, which I almost missed because of the damn traffic. I attempted to avoid the Foxfield traffic only to realize that half of downtown was closed for the Dogwood festival parade. I saw crazy red hat lady groups and lots of floats. Needless to say I made it to yoga, which was great, and then sat up on the rooftop patio afterwards for some Jame's reading.

Got some errands run, including buying 10 bottles of wine and all the materials for my new veggie/herb garden! Took a friend to the airport and then came home to plant. I'm not the proud owner of a big tomato plant, 2 cucumbers, 1 basil and 1 cilantro. I also replanted another clover plant. I had to baby them all weekend and I'm giving fair warning to all the animals around my place that if anyone starting eating my business, I WILL RUN THEM OVER!!! (PS, george is back for the summer!)

Got some good hang out and last homework of the semester time with T and D on saturday night. Watched some of the draft which was exciting. Looking forward to getting back into football season this year. Sunday I saw my George, who interviewed the Iranian devil who kept talking about the holocaust.

Other news of the weekend included a good chattie chat with the seattle family who will be hosting everyone in a month. I also ordered a new license plate for my car which is personalized....more on this when I get the damn thing. Mohahahahha. Saw a good softball game last night too!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!! Last week of the semester and pre-beer fest weekend! Yessss.

No comments:

Post a Comment