Monday, November 22, 2010

signs of the season

  • I swear to you, I saw Santa Claus yesterday at the gym. He had on gray sweat pants being held up with red suspenders over his big bowl of jelly. No joke, the jolly fat man was totally working on his fitness. Who else would where red suspenders with gray sweat pants at the gym???
  • The plastic pinto got an upgrade yesterday preparing for the winter snow season. Two brand new tires, and after checking out my bill afterwards, the technician I was sweet talking did not charge me for labor :) Yeppers, that saved me a good $100. Good thing the girls were out in full force...that had to help! And that mayyyy have covered the $100 I lost on Friday night from those DMB tickets :)
  • I turned into martha facher on Saturday and cooked a pumpkin. Yep, you read that right, I cut up, boiled, and blended the shit out of jack (o'latern) from halloween. I made pumpkin bars (with homemade cream cheese frosting) and some spiced pumpkin soup. It all was delicious. Ohhh maybe I can try to make pumpkin ice cream this week.....
  • While out on Saturday night (which ended up with some dancing into the wee hours--damnit! I was suppose to be relaxing this weekend and not being convinced to shake what Momma B gave me), I had a pumpkin spiced martini. It was a creamy, pumpkiny glass of goodness. I also tried the pomegranate and beet martini which also knocked my socks (or come-hither-boots) off.
  • After yoga/the market/alittle shopping on Saturday morning, I sat up on the rooftop patio for the last time this season (texting Nik just to make her jealous). It was completely empty and I was fully clothed, but there was fresh air and there was a completely blue sky. Breath in deep and take a look out over the blue ridge mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment