Wednesday, October 14, 2009

news of the weekend

Last weekend was great on multiple levels:
  1. I got 1 hr massage (thanks to ACAC gift certificates) and my hair did on Friday night....much needed relaxation and personal treatment accomplished.
  2. My hair stylist said I remind her of Abby from NCIS (I took this as a compliment)...I mean I was wearing my spiky dog collar!
  3. I tried the new Moroccan restaurant in town on Friday night. It is possibly one of my new favorite restaurants...the food was a-maz-ing, the fig martinis were to die for, there were belly dancers, and a 17 African drum circle performance. I have to go back soon!
  4. I had a sushi craving lately which means I had to organize a gab fest at Ten! in town (thanks Kate). This night ended with fabulous martinis as well, but this time they were lychee nut and watermelon.
  5. After a Saturday morning of catching up on correspondence (letters to Ev), I got myself up to Skyline drive for my first official dose of the fall scenery. We did about a 2 hour hike, also including a gab fest (thanks ginny), and took lots of photos. It was amazing up in the mountains, and I'm hoping to make it up again for all the leaves are gone.
  6. I caught up on Grey's and NCIS online while stealing 5 loads of free laundry on Saturday. That is what I call heaven with me lounging on a couch!
  7. Sunday some good friends from MI were in town to watch their daughter play volleyball. Heather, who I knew in HS, plays for UNC and they were competing against UVA. This is the second year I've been able to catch up with them for bunch, laugh my balls off, and go to the game. UNC won, which is who I was cheering for, and Heather played GREAT (as a senior and a captain and a general beast). I love those guys!
  8. I made it over to T & D's house to watch the rest of the Viks, who are now officially 5-0!!! Wahoooo, nice work Favre.
  9. I still haven't been eliminated in the fantasy survival league. Here's hoping I live up to my entry name: "winner winner chicken dinner"
  10. Quote of the weekend occurred while discussing how G, who is from Miami, hates CSI: Miami. I said "WHAT??!?! Momma Booren would like that." Next we did H impressions of pulling off your glasses and making profound statements. I commented that there should be a CSI: Charlottesville, and next came the quote that still makes me giggle....."what would it be called, CSI: Cville, Who stole my vegetable?? Or my hybrid ran out of gas!!! Or my ecologically-sound bike has a flat tire!!!" tehehehe
  11. I bought a new crock potter after D and I shattered my previous one (and for those who didn't know I didn't drop it, I actually had smartly put it in the microwave and on the stove....not s-m-r-t I now know). The new one has a knob---I just said knob, tehehehe---is red and has latches to secure the lid. I love it and have used it a bunch already.
  12. I turned into a little martha facher last weekend using all the fresh ingredients I'm still getting my garden and my friend W's garden. I used up some basal, swiss chard and collards (which were sauteed in bacon--which makes everything better).
Other trivial news:
  1. Missing too many happy hours lately, and with DC and Austin coming up I'm going to be in friend/booze withdrawals. I'll deal but I'll have to make an extra effort to have "cartinas" nights like last night :)
  2. This weekend I will be attending the overly-priced events of the World Association of Flower Arrangers. I'm hoping to bath in the Irish goodness that is my friend Nuala, and use the word FECK as much as possible. Plus there better be some freaking amazing flowers and food with gold in it for the cost of these events. You'll be able to find me at the free bar!
  3. Congrats to my fabulous boss J, who just announced that him and his wife was expecting TRIPLETS and are 12 weeks along. Very very exciting for them! To me the ultrasounds still look like blobs, but I'll trust that there are 3 little ones in there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment