Thursday, October 15, 2009

sad news

So for the last year I've been volunteering at a local nursing home painting old ladies nails....which I actually enjoy because it is two hours of nursing home gossip (whose doing who, etc.) and making some ladies feel really good. Anyways one of my normal ladies who I see every time, who sits for 2 hours visiting, and always ALWAYS wears bright red polish (like me) had a stroke a couple months ago. They let me know right away that her speech was somewhat affected but otherwise she was still good. Well last night I got there to find out she had a huge stoke (like the one my grandma has been hoping for!) last week and was now was on hospice. Sad news. I went to visit her and of course she had bright red nails and lip stick on, even through she can't walk or swallow anything. Like my grandma says "it is a bitch getting old!!!!!"

I'll miss that fabulous old lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment