Sunday, September 27, 2009

news of the week(s)

  1. T and I saw a black bear while running through the forest in WV last weekend.
  2. D and I shattered my ceramic crock pot on Friday night. I'm now without a slow cooker (christmas list).
  3. I finally got paid and reimbursed from my FL/GA vacation, yeah for paying off credit cards.
  4. My eyes have got worse and so I have new glasses, and invested in prescription sunglasses as well. You don't know how much you can't see for shit until you can see again!!! That was a total $600 investment (with insurance).
  5. GO VIKS!!! (favre only has to live through 13 more weeks)
  6. Yesterday was the Cville vegetarian festival and it rained all day, but the food was amazing!!! Luckily no one adapt an animal either.
  7. My new favorite flower is Celosia....and I bought a bright red and pink bunch at the farmer's market yesterday to dry for the winter.
  8. I have mastered making brown sauces now, and my beef stir-fries have gone up in quality exponentially.
  9. This week I got my second article from my thesis rejected from the Journal of School Violence. I knew that first publication was a fluke! But I am going to take their suggestions and resubmit a tier down (surprisingly this didn't upset me nearly as much as I thought it would). Nature of the beast I suppose.
  10. Ironically, a reviewer (see #9) said that I have a "white supremacist etymology" for describing my sample as "Caucasian" instead of white. After I got the reviews, I did immediately go to my clan meeting wearing a white hood. Are you freakin kidding me???
  11. Winner winner chicken dinner, I think I had the best chili at this week's chili cook off. But in all honesty there wasn't any official voting :)
  12. It is officially the fall which means I'm buying apples, wearing sweatshirts, and loving the leaves changing colors. This is my favorite time of year!
  13. I am an official user of the Redbox now...forget Netflicks. I'm all about the up and coming redboxes.
  14. I went to the dry eye clinic this week and now I'm officially putting steroids in my eyeballs. Again, why does thing Lupus related end in Roids????

No comments:

Post a Comment