Monday, September 7, 2009

douchiest schools

Soooo I used to only go to state schools and was all about my land grant universities, but the last 2 1/2 years I've been at a much higher class university. This seems to be pissing me off lately, as all those type of students have returned to campus. My parking lot is full of BMWs and Lexus's and all kinds of fancy cars I want to poop on.

Case and point of how this is pissing me off: last night I was out to dinner with M & A and I kept yelling at these asshole, doucheball students with their damned pink polo shirt popped collar, plaid bermuda shorts, and penny lofters without socks. Those east coast fers with their damn money. I swear, I don't know where this is coming from.....

Case and point part 2: While waiting in the Apple store on Saturday some 11 year old walks up to the corner and says his iPhone isn't working. The guy explains that it had water damage and that it is no longer under warranty once that happens. This kid was a mini east coast asshole, and then I look behind him and his dad was a spitting image!!! They were only missing the pastel sweater tied around their necks. Anyways, the Apple guy says it is $499 for a new phone and the dad just plops down an American Express Gold card and bought him a new iPhone. I wanted to yell: TEACH HIM SOME RESPONSIBILITY!!!! Damn 11 year old kids gets whatever he wants.

And if that wasn't enough, I got this email about America's 25 Douchiest Colleges. And not to my surprise as soon as I open it up, UVA is #25!!! I'm surrounded by east coast douchiness....

Here is what they said about UVA:

Home of: The Blue-Blazer Douche
Affectations: The side part; the insistence on referring to your school as "the University," our third president as "Mr. Jefferson," the quad as "the lawn," and the Civil War as the "War Between the States."
Overheard in the bleachers: "Well, at least our football players actually go to class and—hey, Dylan, this mint julep is outstanding."
In ten years, will be: A member of an exclusive country club. Maybe a philandering public official. Not unlikely a lobbyist for a tobacco company. Possibly all three.

Yesterday was the first home football game and I wanted to run over any student I saw in a tie, orange pants or wearing a set of pearls. I can guarantee next weekend when in MN for the first home football game there will be no students dressed up for the football game. They will have their faces painted and be wearing a student section shirt and be drinking a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment