Sunday, September 6, 2009

back up and running

So I've mentioned that I had some computer problems the last two weeks, but I'm happy to announce after spending 4 hours at the Apple store yesterday and 7 days without my lovely laptop previously, that we are back up and running!!! I have a new hard drive, a new battery and a free upgrade to the brand new MAC operating system. See what happens when you have patience...you don't have to pay anything extra for basically a brand new computer!!!!

Today I officially got all my mailboxes, bookmarks, addresses, calendars, pictures, and music put back on my machine. I went through the 10,000 messages in my Sent mailbox to pull off as many documents I could recover. And I'm going to go through my blog to get any photos I've lost as well. My iPod is reformating as I type. I wonder what music I'm going to be missing....time will tell. I know I got two books that are now lost. Unfortunately I'm not sure SPSS is going to load on the new OS, which will suck, but I'll work through the rest of the UVA software/email issues with their tech support this week.

Yeah for being back up and running! PS, if you haven't backed up your computer in say the last 6 months, I suggest you do that now!!!! Take it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment