Monday, September 5, 2011

we may have a flushing problem

I rarely make mistakes. I'm typically so fucking organized and on the ball that things rarely surprise me.

I remember one major, hilarious screwed up from last fall, (from what Helga said, it was the first time in 10 years that she saw genuine surprise on my face) that occurred when I drove the plastic pinto away from a gas station without first taking the nozzle from my car :) We had to tell the attendant "Ahhh we may have had a mishap on pump 7."

Well the other day I had to admit to my live-in loverpants, N, that "we may have had a mishap in the bathroom". There I was, relaxing, hanging out, and half out of my mind after a busy week. I was in our new bathroom, and decided to change the empty roll of toilet paper while flushing. The result was something like a baton twirler or rolling a coin through your fingers:

http://www.coinvanish.com/images/rolldown9.jpg

And before I truly could comprehend what was going on, the toilet paper rod fall into the toilet and went completely down the pipe. I stood there stunned. I really couldn't move while I tried to figure out where the hell it went.

I flushed again. No problems. I thought, there is not way that rod went all the way down the pipes. I considered not telling anyone. I considered sticking my hand down there. I considered running out to Lowes and buying a new rod.

Things continued as normal for a couple hours but once Nik showed up, all plans were shot to shit when it started backing up. Note to self: not a good idea to try to limit the amount people can pee or poop.

I really enjoyed having to call my landlord the next day, fully embarrassed, to report that I am an idiot who can't change a toilet paper roll and subsequently causes my toilet to back up. I figured I'd have to pay extra as they ripped up my entire bathroom, but luckily it wasn't too far down and the damage was minimal. The next day I got home and the rod was back on the holder, just there mocking me!

What an idiot. At least I wasn't like this kid:

http://buffetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/boy-stuck-in-toilet.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment