Friday, January 20, 2012

tips for my pic problem

I've been getting some emails and ideas recently from my friends and family. Thanks ya'll, you must really like when I blog and tell you your business. Oh good, I can still be sassy....

But I digress. For those that don't know I have this propensity for taking photos from an arms-distance away when traveling, or getting drunk, or just trying to capture a fun moment. This generally works well for me because, well you know, I'm tall as shit. Yeah I'm a female giant. But occasionally this leads to profiles of my chicken winged arm or flashed white pasty face, and let's face it, no one wants to see that.

Enter the 10 tips for better self-portrait photography. These are great tips so that you don't end up like this asian lady being a personal party of one tourist with a picture taking contraption. Let's break down these tips and take note for future LL reference:
  1. Figure out your best angle. Good suggestion, mine is definitely NOT on the end of a large group. I'm much better placed in the middle where my gigantic wing span can grasp the entire group (see this post with a photo in front of the police station).
  2. Find interesting backgrounds. I couldn't agree more, although this can be difficult given a number of factors that include angles, head size, and hand shakeyness.
  3. Don't worry about angles. True that. Don't take your V8 and snap away. No worries.
OK good things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment