Thursday, November 10, 2011

open letter to seattle

Dear Seattle,

I'm sooo looking forward to coming for a visit in two weeks. I miss you lots, you know with your constant cover of cloud and moderately tempered weather. I'd like to visit with family, catch a flying fish, eat an almond crosssssant, go canhoooo-ing, get on a big b-ooo-a-t, see the twins and BS with Scott, spot a sparkly vampire, and go see DMB at the Gorge. The reality is I may only accomplish the first goal here because UW screwed my alternative-non-work-related plans earlier this fall. Alas I get one free night.

While in Seattle, if possible, I'd like to spot this new mode of transportation I recently read about. I'm a bike supporter, especially when they add a fast swimmer to it (aka, sperm). Not shooting blanks anymore! (to quote my fav grad school friends). I'd like to see this bike, ride on this bike, and buy one for my own personal use around Cville:



Wow Seattle, way to be environmentally friendly and telemarketingly conscious. I like it. Now go make me a computer or a cup of coffee.

See you soon!

Sincerely yours always and forevvvver,
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment