Friday, December 26, 2008

a good day here

Well today was a good day....partly because I didn't slip on the ice and bruise myself throughout the entire 24 hours!!! Yeah for me. I hit up the gym this morning, although there was a inch sheet of ice on the ground, then cashed in my $35 winnings in Santa lottery tickets (winner winner chicken dinner).

I got two games of scrabble under my belt using my theory of slowing down my sisters but not actually winning (as Terri said, "I don't know how to spell," and I completely concur). Then I had a coffee with friends in Holt. Caught up on everyone, and headed back for dinner and presents with Terri (an adapted member of our family). Got some Yoga socks which I will definitely be trying out when back in Cville. Excited about that business!

Still lots of snow around here, but we are not nearly as bad as all those folks in Seattle who didn't have power for 12 hours on Christmas day and were forced to use the gas grill for their dinner. Sorry, that sucks! Happy post holidays to everyone!

Now it is the weekend and we're all gearing up for the big 40th "thank god we didn't kill each other" Wedding party on Monday night. Right now we have 29 folks RSVPed, and Gail is cooking some amazing beef. We will see how this all goes but we will be planning and cleaning for that this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment